Friday, April 29, 2011

Peeling Back the Curtain

If you can't beat 'em join em.  I'm excited to say that I get to explore another aapect of getting published--reading submissions.  Today, I read my first set of submissions for Quiddity magazine.  It was pretty cool to read a cover letter from a prospective writer and see what THEY see when they read my letters.  I'm hoping this helps me refine my writing a bit.

--Reached the halfway point in The Indwelling!  At least, I think it's the halfway point.  I'm at a crucial spot in the novel, guess it's the turning point.  The protagonist has changed and the rest of the novel is laid out. 

--cut 200 more words from Honor Thy Mother!  Looking forward to finishing my cutting so I can get to editing one of my horror short stories.  It's been awhile since I read "Tom Ford, the Girl, and Rejection."  I'm disappointed with the word count >5000, which could make it a hard place.  I'm sure I've rambled on with my words.  It'll be interesting to take a look at it after a couple of months.  I thought it was hot shit back then.  It's probably cold shit now, the kind of doodie that a dog lets then it turns white out in your yard after a while.

--this week, writing is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment